Saturday, March 13, 2010

March 13th, 2010 Good Stuff

*My spirits were up today. It felt like a good day.

*The weather could not be any more gorgeous than it was today!!! Mid 60's all day today with tons of sunshine. Nice and cool with 20-30 mile per hour winds all day. I just wanted to literally be swept up by mother nature. So gorgeous.

*I got a haircut finally! One sign of depression for me is that my hair gets terribly unruly :/

*I had a really good session with a client today with lots of breakthroughs that ended with her mom telling me "we're so lucky to have you". The reason that matters is because I was TERRIFIED that this mother HATED me. She doesn't.

*My sister bought a new car today!!

*I blogged!

*I traded emails with people I love!!

*I've discovered that when I'm reading books of poetry, I understand them better when I read them aloud. Even if it's very softly. The reason for this is that by reading aloud, it cancels out all of the other things going on in my head :/ My thoughts that tend to get away from me while I'm trying to concentrate. I started reading Aurora Leigh aloud and it's really added to the experience. Damn, this is a beautiful book. I'm in complete awe of the beauty in which Browning used words! I just want to read this book aloud to everyone.

*And now I'm laying in my bed drinking red wine from a coffee mug. Which is my favorite way to drink wine :)

6 comments:

  1. Wasn't the weather awesome? We had visitors - son and future DIL - and it was so nice that we grilled and ate lunch outside.

    LOL about drinking wine out of a mug. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 2 days of storms, yesterday it cleared, was in the low 70s and very windy..but nice.. the pond was "ruff" though so I didn't see the moorhen chicks..but they must be there I saw one parent and went out with bread.. there is one who will take the bread from my hand but not the other.. desperate times must have changed that..they both came RUNNING and took bread and sped right back to the reeds!

    that mother couldn't be more right!! you always lift my spirits too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, the weather's been miserable here, getting up to 80 every day the last little while, but still down to 40 at night so it's this weird mix of really cold in the morning and really hot in the afternoon.

    So you reading Aurora Leigh outloud makes me think of something. Jason used to read to the boys when they were born, as he fed them a bottle and they went to sleep at night. He read The Hobbit to Morrigan, Little Women to Ambrose, and Aurora Leigh to Laurence. As he read Aurora Leigh to Laurence, his voice fell into this rhythmic cadence. My mom came to help us out after Laurence was born, and heard Jason doing this reading, and stopped me and said, "He sounds like a Catholic priest!" And he did! It had been so long since I'd gone to Catholic school/church, but once I listened I could hear he sounded just like a priest. It was awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have had nicer weather here too. I could actually take my coat off whilst outside.

    Love the mug and red wine! No better way to drink it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wiiiiiiiiiind. I envy you, Chris. I love being out in the wind. We've been having good weather, just not windy weather. ^-~
    And huzzah on good things and things being on an upward curve again! Those are always good! Long may it continue!

    Random: Amanda, my dad used to read me "The Hobbit" too! I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only kid whose dad decided to read that to them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, Ah the weather was absolutely gorgeous!! And it continued today too! My sister went out to the St. Patrick's Day Parade and had cabbages thrown at her head :p So we'll be eating lots of cabbage dishes for awhile now :p I love wine out of a mug :p It's my favorite way to drink it! Especially clay mugs! And grilling outside just sounds wonderful in this weather! Hope y'all had a great time!

    Pat, Oh good!! I'm so glad that y'all finally got a break in the rain! I don't want you swimming over there, lol! How cute that one of the moorhens are coming to get bread out of your hands now!!! They're like your little pets :D I love those birds!!

    Amanda, Oh no :( I'm sorry Manda :( I HATE that kind of weather :( We're supposed to have highs in the 60s and low 70s all week. So I'm content. But yeah, when it starts getting into the 80s you can have it! I hate that. I absolutely LOVE Jason's reading choices to the boys :D And that's hilarious that everyone thought Jason sounded like a priest. I can see that because I totally felt like a priest last night :p The end of book one ends with "Deliver us from evil" LOL. I thought "I sound like a damn priest" So it's funny you should mention that. lol.

    Vivienne, LOL...it's been far from coat weather here for awhile now! Today I'm in shorts, a tshirt and sandals! It's just gorgeous. Glad you agree with me on the mug and wine :) There's just something about drinking wine that way that makes me happy.

    Shanra, Isn't the wind just gorgeous?? When it's windy like that and beautiful outside I love to just drive around with all of the windows down in the car and listen to music :) Just perfect. Thanks dear. I hope things continue too! How've you been?

    ReplyDelete