Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 14th, 2010 Good Stuff

*Another day of just doing absolutely nothing. I had a REAL weekend this weekend!!! I haven't had that in forever!

*My Google Reader says "0" That is such a good feeling.

*I started reading This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer last night (despite the fact that I'm in the middle of two other books) and I couldn't put it down! I ended up reading half of it. It's not perfect, but it's DEFINITELY a page turner and it's definitely entertaining. And it keeps me on edge. I love those kind of books. And I really love this series. It's the third "moon book" as I've come to call the series.

*Tomorrow night I'm going to see Rogue Wave and Avi Buffalo after work :D I haven't been to a show in so long. So excited about it!!! And then less than a month to wait until Vampire Weekend! I found out that Abe Vigoda is playing with them. I don't know them at all. Anyone else know them?
*Today was the St. Patrick's Day parade in New Orleans! I didn't go. But my sister did so we have lots of veggies, ramen noodles, soap, oranges, etc. etc. to last us for awhile. It's one of my favorite parades. Any parade where they throw cabbages at your head just automatically rocks :p Yes, we have odd traditions in New Orleans, I know :p
*I made a craft!! I've been wanting to do something crafty lately and I give ALL of you permission to laugh at me :p Because this is laughable, but dammit I'm proud of it and it's something i'll use. I bought an ounce of fresh lavender recently to help with my headaches and got sick of just smelling it in the bag. So today I made an eyemask with it! Basically I just cut a big square out of an old tshirt and sewed it around the edges and then turned it inside out so that you can't see the seam. Then I stuffed it full with all of the lavender and sewed it shut! And it smells so good!!! And now I'm quite proud of myself :D

6 comments:

  1. Throwing cabbages at your head?? :O That sounds dangerous! You guys are definitely weirdos in NOLA. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud you made the lavender eyemask! and boy do I hope it helps!

    by the looks of the veggies (if you take away the citrus and fruit) you have the makings of a good veggie soup!!
    of course.. with all that cabbage it will be an explosive soup! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your eyemask!!! Guys who craft so totally rock!!! :D

    Damn...I can't believe that haul your sister made! Sorry you couldn't go, too.

    My reader now says "no unread posts" too...but only because I hit the "mark as read" button. :( Oh well, it's always so nice to start out fresh. Just wish I didn't end up so far behind so quickly.

    And YAY!!! I'm so excited for you...ENJOY the show tonight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey - a parade where they throw veg at you. That sounds like something I would expect from an Irish parade.

    A day of nothing - you don't know how jealous I am of you right now. I long for a day of nothing.

    Your lavender bag is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun! I had actually heard about the cabbage thing before, but I am not sure where from...

    This reminds me, I still have to email you. My head is off somewhere lately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might just be the first guy I've ever heard say he felt like making something crafty. :P But I want! Actually one for the back would be nice.

    And what a tradition. Must wiki that later. But what a nicely colored assortment of goodies.

    My gooogle reader says 881 which means that I'm below 1000 which is great. LOL--one of these days I'll clear them all out and start over but I'm not ready to admit defeat yet (though I haven't touched a book blog in months).

    ReplyDelete