Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22nd, 2010 Good Stuff

I don't know what's with 2010, but it's just been a rough year...I can't get it together for some reason. Every time I feel like I'm starting to get it together again, I seem to fall back a little bit. Hopefully something will swing into place soon.....But there is good stuff going on!

*I got to see a really good show the other night! JBM, Avi Buffalo and Rogue Wave were all fantastic and I have pictures that I'll upload here eventually. This guy JBM was a last minute addition. He's from upstate New York and at one point was playing guitar, drums, harmonica and singing all at the same time :O He's a singer/songwriter...very folk-y type stuff and reminded me a lot of a modern Nick Drake. Just fell in love with his stuff! I highly recommend you check him out on iTunes.

*I got tickets for another show! This one is on June 16th. I'm going to see Passion Pit! They're playing with Tokyo Police Club who's fun as well. I'm super excited by all of this live music lately :D

*I broke my 'NO ARC' rule today. I was contacted by Underland Press for an ARC of Martin Millar's new book which isn't due out until August...it's called Curse of the Wolf Girl and it's a follow up to Lonely Werewolf Girl. Super duper excited about that one :D And now I totally have to read Lonely Werewolf Girl NOW.

*Starbucks Dark Cherry Mocha Frappucinos. I hate Starbucks...I really do. But it was the only available option yesterday and I saw this new drink that they had so I decided to try it out and it freaking rocks!

*I had a massage today and it was a little piece of heaven.

*Emails and friends even though I'm a horrible friend in return and don't respond :/ I'm trying guys I'm sorry :(

And now I'm going to try to go catch up on my blog reading and maybe actually respond to comments on my own blog and maybe even write a new post...maybe even a review?!

6 comments:

  1. Love you Chris. You're not a bad friend, please stop saying you are! We all have bad times. It's been a rough year for a lot of us so far. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey baby boy.. i am always cheered when you write on this blog.. life, is what it is, not a whole lot we can do about it..but the fact you find the "good stuff" amazes me.. hugz..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. I think my 2009 was your 2010. But luckily it ended, and life has moved forward. Eventually, this too shall pass for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure can't argue with you that 2010 has not been kind to you thus far. *hugs my dear, dear friend* But despite how much it has sucked for you, you've always been there for your friends...so don't you dare say things like you're a horrible friend!!! That is the furthest thing from the truth that I can imagine!!!!

    I'm so glad you've turned me into a Rogue Wave fan (oh, okay, so I've still only heard two songs by them...but I've heard those two songs about a hundred times each ;) ). Is it overkill to thank you and Ana yet again for bringing the joy of music back into my life? :D

    And Chris, if you hadn't broken your no ARC rule for that one, I would have seriously worried about you. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having that kind of year, too -- just went back to not accepting ARCs because I overdid it and I'm not even that interested in blogging, lately, so it seems crazy to accept anything at all.

    I doubt anyone minds if you're not up to writing. You've had a lot to deal with, lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems so many people are in a funk this year... I wonder what is up with that?

    ReplyDelete