Monday, March 8, 2010

March 8th, 2010 Good Stuff

*So many wonderful emails from good friends. I realized today that it's been quite sometime since I've posted on either of my blogs and probably even longer since I've commented on anyone else's blog. I'm still reading everyone's blogs and keeping up to date. It makes me smile to see what's going on in the Stevens' household, that there are new moorhen chickies by Pat!, that Ana is continuing to read amazing books that will add to my pile and writing thought provoking posts and updating me on what I need to be listening to, that Amanda is continuing to write and redefining her blogs, that Jason continues to write the most thought provoking posts and lyrical posts, etc. etc. etc....I could go one here about all of my blogging friends. What I mean here is that everyone has made me smile. And while I have seemingly neglected everyone by not commenting and letting them know that I'm here still, I continue to get these sweet emails. I can't describe how much I cherish some of the friendships I have made over the internet. The thought that they have gone beyond my blog is so special to me. That they have been solidified. It just fills me with so much happiness. And I've needed that.

*Homemade crocheted finger puppets and bookmarks :D

*Little powdered donuts.

*A clean car. I was talking to Debi about this over email earlier. One of the things I do to relax myself, to give myself "me time" is drive around in my car and listen to music. I can do that for literally hours. I've done it ever since I started driving. Well my car has been a mess lately and it's just been added stress. So today I cleaned it! Vacuumed it, cleaned the windows and cleaned all of the interior. Just having the clean space gives me peace and makes all the difference.

*An absolutely amazing book written by an equally amazing friend.

*Another amazing book that I finished tonight, The Einstein Intersection by Samuel Delaney. I've been having this on my TBR for literally YEARS! I heard about it from Neil Gaiman when I first started reading his blog. He wrote the introduction for it. I had hoped to read it for the February GLBT mini-challenge since Delaney was an African American gay man. But it didn't get read in February. But it's a sci-fi classic that I'd recommend to anyone and everyone. I almost wouldn't even call it sci-fi. Yes it's set in the future and has some fantastical elements and the main characters are not human, but it's more philisophical. Just a beautiful book.

I don't know if this means I'm back to blogging. But I'm going to try to be. I still don't know what to post on Stuff as Dreams. I guess I need something explaining my absence, but I'm just not up for doing book reviews yet. The motivation is not entirely there yet. But I want to thank everyone for their support and kind words over the last several weeks. It's just been a rough go of things, but things could definitely be worse than they are. Love you all!!!

8 comments:

  1. boy how we could commizerate (can't spell!) right now.. being down and a tummy that won't stop churning.. if i had the energy I'd wonder where it all leads lol.. but sometimes life takes over and we fight our way back to middle earth or to Pandora! (or even Kesterwood!!)
    love you baby boy.. I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, as happy as it made my morning to see this post from you...don't let it be a chore. The whole blogging thing, that is. If you don't feel like doing a book review right now, don't do one. Your friends aren't going anywhere!!! But I do get the feeling bad about not commenting thing...I'm trying to get that same message through my very thick skull--that our friends understand! That everyone knows I'm just sort of in over my head right now, but I still love you all. I sure hope so anyway. :)

    This was a happy list of good stuff, sweetie! Mmmmm...little powdered donuts! I'll have to make sure we get some of those for morning time when you're here. :D Ooooh, and I keep forgetting to ask...you like pumpkin, right? I tried this recipe for pumpkin waffles...delicious!!! If I get a thumb's up from you, we will definitely be having those for a late breakfast one day.

    Sheesh...I sure can ramble...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh...little powdered donuts...Jason, can you run to the store real quick?? :D

    I agree wholeheartedly with what Debi says - if it's a chore, don't do it. We understand. I don't think you need to explain your absense at all.

    I'm happy to get to talk with you by email when you have time, little letters or big letters or whatever! And it's okay when you don't have time, just as I hope it's okay when *I* don't have time. Because I do go through those periods, even if you haven't seen them yet. :/

    Okay I'm babbling. The Benedryl leftovers have me a bit wobbly this morning! That and the thought of those damn powered sugar donuts I can't have...totally distracted!

    PS - Thanks for saying that about my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just parrot everyone else here and say if you don't feel like blogging, don't do it! Hobbies aren't supposed to feel like work :-P

    And yes, we'll all still be here if & when you want to start up again. I am not deleting you from my Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so pleased to see you back. You have been missed.

    I am pleased to hear you sounding so happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debi:IF my son doesn't like pumpking waffles send them my way!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris, it'd take A LOT more than you not posting or commenting to make us forget about you. In fact, it's literally take amnesia :P I'm glad there have been good things among all the stress you've been through, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am having a hard time updating my blogs, too... So, you shouldn't feel bad! I try not to worry about it anymore. I will email you back about our buddy review, though. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete