Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22, 2010 Good Stuff - iPhone Pic Edition!

*The new app on my iPhone that lets me count down the days until I get to see Debi and co. :D


*The new 32 oz. size coffee at my favorite coffee shop :p

*While at the french quarter today, Megan and I discovered this little "park". It's kind of odd, but very pretty. It's odd because it's as big as what you see and it's considered a national park and actually has 2 forest rangers that work there....in the middle of the quarter. Very strange. But it's neat because they have all this info on the history of the french quarter in the attached buildings and all sorts of native Louisiana plants outside.

*This is one of said native Louisiana plants. I haven't seen them in ages! They reminded me of my aunt Shirley. When I was a kid, she was my favorite aunt and she had them in pots all over her back yard. We used to call them "rubber plants" because the leaves have the consistency of rubber. I learned today that their common name is actually a "ghost plant" How cool is that!?


*We then went to Royal Street which is the street in the quarter where all of the art galleries are. We found this amazing gallery with an artist who paints people while they are nude and then photographs them and I was blown away by his art. But I couldn't take pics in there. I did take a pic in this mask shop though ;) I've been wanting one of these masks forever! Aren't they cool? Didn't buy one, but you can see them at least ;)

*We then found a lovely little restaurant called Pere Antoine right on the corner. Great food and drinks and great prices. And the weather was just gorgeous out today, so they had all of the windows open. Here's our view.

*And here's our drinks :) An Abita Bock for me and a Bloody Mary for Megan.


*My song obsession of the week. Seriously, I think everyone needs to go to iTunes right now and download this single. And then go watch the video because it's afuckingmazing.

*The two shirts I bought today at Urban Outfitters. I'm in love with my Where the Wild Things Are shirt :D I've actually been wanting one for ages, but couldn't find the right one! This one is just perfect. It has that nice worn and soft feeling to it and I just love it.

*This was my other purchase of the day. The french quarter has lots of "occult shops" so we stopped in one of them and picked up a couple of things. One is a bag of lavender because lavender is supposed to help migraines. I might put some in a sock or something to smell when I get a headache. The other thing that I bought is a charm! It's for people who are depressed or stuck in a funk and you're supposed to carry it around. I bought one for myself and one for a friend who's been going through a lot of crap lately.

All in all, it was a fantastic day :D

4 comments:

  1. I loved seeing your pictures all day long and it's great to have them all in one place. That mask is the best! I'll have to go check out that song. And the charm - thank you. :) #luvchris

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! great post with lots of pictures!!! (now you know what I do thru all the time posting so many pics lol).. sounds like a fantastic day !!
    Ummm just one thought here.. ummm about putting the lavender in a sock.. ummmmm......... make it a new sock heh, I mean you know.. you wouldn't want smells to mix! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, this was just the best post! Did you see I put your new app on my good stuff list too? :D Next time we get to NOLA, you will be taking us to that park...it looks so beautiful! And I adore your Wild Things shirt! :D Rich has a Wild Things shirt, too...but shhhhh...I think I like yours even more. Have a wonderful Tuesday! #luvchris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone keeps posting jonsi vidoes and everytime I try to watch I curse that my speakers got lost somewhere in the move (or more accurately in the rat's nest that is my husband's unpacking).

    The coffee looks delish. And boo about Debi (I mean, yay for you) but boo for me. :( But I won't start whining on your Good Stuff Blog! LOL.

    ReplyDelete