Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February 16, 2010 Good Stuff

*Dad is home and is feeling better. Well not feeling better, he's still really sore. For all those who've been wondering where I've been, this is what happened. My dad is an alcoholic. He went all day friday without a drink and had a seizure while he was driving because he started detoxing and crashed into a telephone pole. My little brother was in the car with him and thank god he's ok. Just a little sore. Needless to say, I've been a mess and on the verge of a breakdown ever since, but I'm doing better now I promise. He didn't break anything, he's just really sore. He's still not willing to admit he has an alcohol problem, though he did come closer to admitting it than he ever has. It's amazing how much power alcohol can hold over some people. I don't know what to do at this point. It's easy when I'm on the counseling side of the situation, but so much harder when I'm the family member.

*I finally got some rest. I slept until 1:30 today after going out for a couple of drinks last night with Megan and spent the whole night just listening to good music and singing loudly in the car. It was exactly what I needed and everything was off of my mind for a little while. I really needed that and I'm feeling much better now.

*It's Mardi Gras! I didn't go to any parades this year, but the feeling in the air is just wonderful during Mardi Gras time.

*I have the best friends in the world. I can't thank you all enough for the emails and twitter messages and for the phone call. Thank you all.

*Good good good good music!!!! I'm still so excited that I'm going to see Vampire Weekend and now Rogue Wave and Avi Buffalo in March!!!! And I finally listened to the CD that Ana sent me "virtually" like a month ago and I'm in love with it. Especially the acoustic Fanfarlo song and I now have a new obsession with The Pains of Being Pure at Heart.

*Little felt hearts

*This cute slightly demented chicken basket that I bought at World Market. I have no idea why I bought it but it was so damn cute that I had to have it (Debi, you should make these!!):

6 comments:

  1. oh brother.. well you see I cant eat red meat so it's chicken, chicken, chicken and turkey... so I'll pass on the "visual" of the chicken ok?! heh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's not much more I can say there that I haven't already said either by phone or email, so I'm just sending another round of big internet hugs, Chris. #luvchris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It sounds like you have had a few very testing days. I am pleased to hear no one was hurt, but i hope this is a good sharp shock to your dad about his drinking.

    I bet New Orleans is just magical at the moment, with the air of Mardi Gras surrounding you. It always sounds so wonderful.

    Glad to hear you had a good night out and managed to let your hair down.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about your dad and brother, Chris. That's terrifying, and I'm glad that no one was hurt. I hope this will somehow help your dad get a little closer to dealing with his problem.

    I am glad you were able to get out a bit after some rest and enjoy an evening. Glad to have you back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you. Love you. Love you.

    And that chicken is freakin' adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute chicken!

    sorry to hear about your dad, you are of course in my thoughts (even though this comment was very delayed)

    ReplyDelete