Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1, 2010 Good Stuff

Today was not a particularly good day, but you know what...I stayed happy all day. Because I got back to keeping good stuff in mind! And because I got back to blogging so my iPhone kept letting me know all day that I had comments on my blog posts :) I like that. I like getting comments and I like just getting email in general :p That's always a good thing.

Twitter is a wonderful thing. It allows me to do a quick check in with everyone during the day while I'm stuck at work and find out cool things...things like RADIOHEAD IS NOW ON TWITTER! And and...Patrick Ness listens to really cool music like Muse and Arcade Fire and Radiohead while writing his books!! Thanks to Ana for both of those :p Oh...and AMANDA AND JASON'S KIDS ARE GENIUSES :D They are, I can attest to that :p Fun little geniuses too :)

I came home today to my Vampire Weekend tickets being in the mail!!! And I actually only paid $30 a piece more than I would have by getting them for realz, so I don't feel too bad now. It's not like I paid 4x's as much for tickets. I didn't even pay double!

Ana left a comment on my last good stuff post about how cool it was that I live in New Orleans and it had me thinking all day about how freaking cool it is where all of my other friends live! Debi lives in upstate New York! Ana lives in freaking PORTUGAL! So many friends in ENGLAND! Pat has that awesome pond :D with the beautiful birds! Colin lives in Portland! Yes, I love New Orleans with a passion and probably could never leave for long (I especially loved it today as I ate nearly half of a freaking king cake) but I would so love to move away for a little while....hmmm....we really need to form a little blogger commune :p

And the best news of the week.....my boss approved my week long vacation in August so my vacation to go see Debi and family is all set to go :D :D :D All I need to do now is book my flight which I will do next paycheck :D Yay!!!! She also approved my night off to see Vampire Weekend AND the day after, since I will surely be hungover :p

7 comments:

  1. Well maybe it wasn't a particularly good day, but it certainly SOUNDS like a good day, Chris! Unfortunately, I don't live anywhere cool. San Antonio kind of sucks. But that's okay because my family's here and I have some good friends here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose we really do take for granted the places we live in and should perhaps look at our home towns with fresh eyes occassionally. I keep forgetting I live in a petite English village that has thatched houses every other house. All I normally see is the crappy weather! I will try to appreciate where I live more.

    Good news on your trip. I am very envious. New York is also on my places to visit. One day hubby and I intend to hire a camper van and travel across America and then I can get to meet you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEST NEWS OF THE FREAKIN' YEAR FOR ME: Chris is coming to visit. He is. He really is. He really, truly...SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE...is!!!! (Sorry, I can't help it...this is like honest-to-goodness hyperventilation inducing news!!!)

    And Chris, you've no idea how happy it makes me that managed to stay happy through a day that normally might have had you down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are back to posting good stuff too! I am the product ( not all but a lot) of those around me (which sucks living around no one but people older than me and sicker than me)..so reading yours and Debbie's "good stuff" us a small shot of "good" in my arm!

    I am really glad you are getting to fly to another state (NY) and visit Debi!..

    yup, the pond is great here but the state, not so much..for me at least I know others would love it.
    Two rainy days in a row has me down a bit I am sooooooooooo glad you posted good stuff!! (that's my son taking care of mom2!J)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so great that you are going to get to see Debi! Yay for that! And, you are going to be in Canada at the same time, and Canada is always awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    You're getting to see Debi again! You're getting time off to truly, absolutely, entirely enjoy Vampire Weekend and recuperate from the awesomeness you're bound to get! XD *squee*

    (Conversationally, my attempts to convince myself I actually kind of like where I live always seem to fail, even in light of being happy to try and tell non-Dutchies about it. ^-~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda, I've never been to San Antonio, but there are certain parts of Texas that I actually like...I like Austin for instance...parts of it at least were really cool when I went there.

    Vivienne, Oh my, your neighborhood sounds AMAZING!!! Thatched roof houses?! I want to come visit you :p

    Debi, Oh it's the best news of the year for me too :D :D Whenever I'm having a bad moment, it's what I tell myself to cheer up!

    Deslily, I'm glad I can deliver a daily shot of good to you!!! I'm sorry I skip it sometimes :( I really need to stop skipping my good stuff!! I've really liked all the different spots of florida that I've visited. I've been to Destin and Orlando and Tampa and this place inland where a friend used to live that was actually really nice. It's a nice state! I need to come see you sometime!

    Kelly, I'm really happy about going to see Debi :) And I'm super excited about going to Canada too if we get to do that!!! I can get my passport stamped again!

    Shanra, I am! I am! I will definitely enjoy Vampire Weekend :D Worry not! And I can't believe that I left you out of the friends in cool places list!!!! OMG you live in one of the coolest places ever!!! I would kill to come visit you sometime!

    ReplyDelete