Monday, February 8, 2010

February 8, 2010 Good Stuff

Phew! I'm still exhausted from last night. And I still don't think that it has actually hit me that the Saints won the superbowl. This whole city seems like it's in a big waking dream right now. It's kind of stopped functioning as anything but a party zone. Today, over 20,000 fans greeted the Saints at the airport and flooded Veterans which is normally one of the main highways in Metairie which is the suburb of New Orleans where I live. Traffic ceased to be able to move. The players all had their windows down and were taking pics of the vans and videos...they were just as excited as the fans. Sean Payton, our coach, even put the trophy out of the sunroof for the fans to touch! Total chaos, but friendly chaos.

Tomorrow is the big Saints parade, but sadly it's looking like I'll have to work through it...once again. But that's ok, because I'm off next weekend for my two favorite parades, Endymion and Bacchus! They're the highlight of my Mardi Gras. And the whole Mardi Gras season this year is just one big black & gold celebration!

I went shopping today and bought my Super Bowl Champions tshirt and hat :) The hats were sold out EVERYWHERE and I finally found them at the 5th place I went to. It was mass chaos at every single store. But once again, friendly chaos...the kind of chaos where you make friends while you're in line.

Aside from that, happy things of the day include eating gummy worms :p I usually can't eat gummy worms or gummy bears because they give me bad headaches. But they are seriously like my favorite food ever! However, today I woke up with a bad headache (too much celebration last night) and had to take a migraine pill (doubles as a hangover cure ) so since the pill was having it's effect already, I figured I'd indulge in some gummy candy :D They were delicious.

Also, I still haven't told everyone, but I booked my flight to see Debi in August!!!!! So it's a definite :D So fucking excited about that!!!!!!

Emails from people I don't even know, but that read my blog, telling me how happy they are for me and my city that we won the superbowl :)

Now I shall relax, try to catch up on email, because it's seriously EMBARRASSING how behind I am, and let this win sink in....

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are so overjoyed baby boy!! (for the Saints and for the airplane ticket!)
    and i love this blog of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still celebrating with you. I had a complete letdown in mood today (probably because I was up late and ate junk for dinner last night) which sucks but I'm glad your city is keeping everything in cheer mode. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, I thought about you and how happy you must be all last night. My roommates and I had a little super bowl party and we ended up being so excited after the game the party continued until 2 am... not quite as long as the party that's going on in New Orleans. It was just so heartwarming and amazing. Even though I've been neglecting my happy blog, I love reading yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, Glad you're continuing to enjoy the blog :) I've been beyond overjoyed about this win!! It's crazy!!

    Amanda, I'm sorry that today has been such a letdown :( What a bummer...I wish you were here!! The weather is still nice enough that you would enjoy the city ;p And you'd definitely be in a good mood!

    Lu, I was thrilled!! So awesome that y'all had a little party :D Yeah, I don't think the party here will be ending any time soon :p I was wondering what happened to your blog! Hope things are still happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, I love this post, Chris...the happiness, the excitement, the enthusiasm, the pride...it all just shines through in living color!!! Love you, sweetie. Keep on enjoying every second!

    ReplyDelete