Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 2, 2010 Good Stuff

Ok, so I'm going to start this post off by saying that I just laughed my ass off because I opened my computer and saw what I was looking at last night. Apparently I didn't close the window after I was searching the internet for plane tickets to Portugal :p One can dream, right? Maybe in a couple of years I can afford it...*sigh* It's a happy thing!

Lost is on tonight! Actually as I'm writing this it's almost over, but I just came home early from work sick with a migraine so haven't gotten to watch it yet..so I'll be watching it later on the internet. But yay for a new season of Lost!! Sadly, it's the final season :( But still, yay!

Patrick Ness I want to have your babies!! Seriously, I would have a uterus implanted in me if it meant having the child of Patrick Ness. I started The Ask and the Answer last night and it is freaking genius. Can a book that makes me so sad be a happy thing? Well yes it can because I like being punished with sadness. In books at least. But damn, this man can write. The only bad thing is, I now have 4 books going, 2 of which are chunksters and one of which is Tolkien...I think I'm out of my mind.

Lastly, I am thankful for pharmaceutical companies. You make wonderful pain killers oh pharmaceutical companies. I don't know how I'd survive these migraines without them.

8 comments:

  1. This post made me LOL!!!!! :)

    And as someone who works for a pharmaceutical company that makes lots of pain killers, you're welcome! And thanks for buying our product. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I'm glad it gave you a laugh :) I never knew what you did for a living! Glad to know! I think I love you even more now than I already did, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was funny! I haven't read The Ask and the Answer yet, but sounds like it will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs* Hope those drugs worked their druggy magic and made that damn migraine disappear completely!!!

    I love that you were checking out plane tickets to Portugal. :D Why can't money just magically appear for the really important things in life, things like flying over to meet our darling Ana?!!

    I'm sooooooo jealous. I so want to go pick up the TAATA. It about KILLED me when I had to set it aside last year because school had just overwhelmed me. I should say to hell with everything else and just indulge myself by starting it over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit although I had 2 kids when married I don't think I've ever expressed the wanting of someone elses babies (but that's because I know what it's like to birth them huh?) however, if I think hard enough I could come up with one or two..oh maybe Harrison Ford? .. but it would be far more interesting to watch you go thru a pregnancy! LOL.. you are too funny Chris!

    I am beginning to realise that you must have migraines every day... this saddens me greatly. I am glad the meds seem to work better than others you have had.. and hope they keep working for you !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ironically I was looking at plane tickets to Portugal yesterday too. I don't think I'm going to find anyone to go on a cruise with me so I'm thinking of other options. I want a vacation!! :D And not just the one to NYC.

    Sorry to hear about your migraines. I feel your pain. This morning it's even worse only I don't have painkillers, grr.

    ps - my word verification is "extrivil" which sounds like a pain killer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear your migraines are back. You poor thing, you really do suffer.

    I am glad to hear you are enjoying The Ask and The Answere. It is fabulous, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel so left out not having read any of Ness's books! First I'm left out of this "team peeta" and whatever strange teams for Hunger Games and now I'm out of the loop for all this Ness stuff (not to mention all these Lost references!) and who KNOWS when I'll finally figure out all these cryptic (to me) references. I need to get back on top of pop culture.

    Maybe we should ALL just go to Portugal and try to find a group rate :-)

    ReplyDelete