Thursday, February 4, 2010

February 4, 2010 Good Stuff

Ah, I missed a day. But honestly, I just couldn't bring myself to write good stuff yesterday. The day after a really bad migraine I just feel drained and I'm probably the most unmotivated person in the world. Today is slightly better despite waking up with ANOTHER freaking migraine. Thankfully the meds actually worked today though and the headache didn't last too long. So that's the first good thing! I think it's all of this horrible rain (not good rain) that's causing these headaches. Other good stuff:

Pandora! Oh I love pandora. I think I love it better than last.fm. I've discovered so many great bands from Pandora. That and XMU are my constant sources for new music. Oh, and Ana gives me new music too :p

I got to watch the Lost premiere last night when I got home from work and oh my god it was so good but so freaking confusing! Not really confusing...I mean, I have my theories of what's going on, but the thing with that show is that you never REALLY know what's going on. You totally think you do and then they throw this giant wrench into your theory.

I got showered with hearts via email by Renay :) That totally made my night :D

My little portable TV came in the mail today and it has SUCH a good picture!! So I can definitely watch the superbowl this weekend even though I have to freaking work. It really won't be that bad. I'm off the next day so I can go out after work and party.

I'm off of work tomorrow and even though it'll cost money, I can get new tires on my car finally!

I have another new client in my private practice!! And I'm so excited about this guy...not that I should get excited about others' misfortunes, I know that...god, it sounds awful when I say I'm excited...but it's the type of client that I really enjoy working with. He's young, 18, has a physical disability (which is the population I worked with for 7 years before I started this field) and really wants the help. Looking forward to working with him!

8 comments:

  1. a portable tv that you will take to work?? just how small is this tv? lol

    very glad you have another private patient! I would want you for my "dr" if I was there!

    do you ever get days without migraines??? you so scare me..the thought of all the pain you are in and yet still keep helping others is phenominal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your new client. I guess you are trying to build the business up so that you can quit working.

    Sorry to hear you are having such a bad week with your migraines. I hope they improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for new clients! I know what you mean about it sounding bad, though, lol. I'm glad the TV's good and you're off work the next day. We never watch football here but that night we're going to let the boys watch (well, at least until it's bedtime).

    Jason helped me set up Pandora but I haven't done much with it. I set up one channel that tends to give me Regina Spector all the time and I don't like her very much. Then I set up another one which only gives me male singers. I need to combine some of them, I think. I like a wider range in my stations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, awww. I am happy to make your list. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deslily, It's actually a 7 inch tv with a really good picture! It should work well :p It serves it's purposes. I'm so excited about my new client :) I do go days without migraines...Lately I've been getting them every other day or every two days which isn't good but I think a lot of it has to do with the weather changes too. The pain really isn't that bad though most of the time. I've learned to tolerate it and just function with it...it's only once in a while I get a real doozy that knocks me out! Tuesday was a real doozy!

    Vivienne, I don't know that I'll ever have enough of a client load that I can quit working :p But that would be nice. The good thing about working a full time job too is that I can still get benefits. I don't charge a lot for my counseling so it's not extremely lucrative, but I enjoy it. Thanks for the well wishes...I hope the headaches go away soon too!

    Amanda, Yay for new clients indeed :) I'm glad that the Gignacs will be watching the game! Oh, I'm glad to hear that you don't like Regina Spektor. Actually, that makes me really sad, lol...but I was going to put a song of hers called "Eet" on your CD...so I know better now. I just love that song though! You should definitely combine some. That's what I do...I just do a "quick mix" of all of my stations!

    Renay, You're actually always a happy thing on my list :) I just don't write it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can include one of her songs! Maybe I just haven't heard the right ones. They keep playing from the same album over and over...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wasn't the shower of Renay hearts just the happiest little pick-me-up?!! I keep smiling every time I think of it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sucks that your team is going to the superbowl and you have to work. :( Hope they win!

    ReplyDelete