Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31, 2010 Good Stuff

Oh hai good stuff blog! I seem to have forgot about you! Truth is, I've been a little swamped lately with work and finding out that I have to work during the superbowl, so it's been hard to focus on good stuff. But I have to learn to still focus on good stuff even when it's hard! I made today a good day!

Instead of going to get coffee around my house, I decided to go to my favorite PJ's on Magazine street uptown. There's just something about the atmosphere uptown that I just love. Anyone who's been to New Orleans probably knows what I mean. I just love Magazine street. So I headed over to PJ's and got my coffee and then did a little shopping.

I found a tshirt that I've been wanting at funrockin' but they didn't have my size...but their store in the french quarter did! So they held it for me and I drove down there to get it. There were men in dresses everywhere in the french quarter because a famous radio talk show host down here who has since died always said if the Saints ever made it to the super bowl, he would wear a red dress. So today was "men in dresses day" in the quarter...I was not aware of this fact until I got down there. The funny thing is, I didn't even look twice...I just figured it was normal quarter folk. But anyway, I got my tshirt! And I also got some cajun boiled peanuts and the most awesome little wooden carved frog from the french market!!!! It has little ridges on it's back and comes with a little wooden stick, and when you run the stick along it's back, it sounds like it's going "ribbit!" :D I love it!! The lady who carves them makes crickets that sound like they're chirping too!

Came home and mom fried fish which was delicious! and then just relaxed and watched tv. And now I'm FINALLY updating this blog. I swear, I'm going to try to keep up to date with this blog for now on...it really makes a big difference in my moods when I do...I've noticed that. Ok..well that's all for today!

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes it hits me: YOU ACTUALLY LIVE IN NEW ORLEANS! Lucky Chris :P

    ...and yeah, some days it's going to be hard, but those are probably the days when we need to remember the good stuff the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to hear from you!! I'm still so angry at your work for making you work during the superbowl. But I'm glad you turned it around and made yesterday good. That frog sounds adorable! I want one! :D And I love "men in dresses" day. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, how I loved this post. Every word. Well, I take that back...I'm still so very, very sad that you have to work during the Super Bowl. :(

    But you talking about Magazine Street...ahhh man, I want to be back there with you right now!!! Eating and shopping (and trying not to go broke over everything Annie wants to buy) and talking and walking and just having the best damn time in the world!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love it when you talk about New Orleans. It sounds like such a fantastic place and you get to live there all the time. I am so envious. One day I will get there to visit. Probably when I am old and grey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH NOoooooooo! you can't work on superbowl day!!!! can't you get sick or something?!! (did I say that? duh.) That's just not fair!! my son deserves to watch that game!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that I am from the south and therefore should love boiled peanuts, but I hate the way they smell!!!!!!!! ;)

    Other than that (and the working during the super bowl) sounds like you had an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nymeth, I do! I do! And YOU LIVE IN PORTUGAL!!! IN BRAGA...just the name "Braga" sounds so beautiful to me :) Gah, I want to come visit!!! I definitely need to remember the good stuff a little bit more on the rough days :/ No more 4 day breaks!!

    Amanda, Yeah...I'm mad at them too..and I checked with EVERYONE at work today too to see if anyone could work it for me and I got a big NO. The frog is SO DAMN CUTE!! I wanted to get everyone one for Christmas, but I figured it was a tad too early to start Christmas shopping :p You would've totally loved men in dresses day :p

    Debs, I loved it too except for that part :( Dammit Debi!! I wish you guys lived here so bad!! Or I lived there. It's excrutiating sometimes to live that far away from one another :( Maybe you guys can send Annie to college down here and then we'll have an excuse to see each other more often :p LOL...using family members as bartering tools now :p

    Vivienne, It is a fantastic place!! You should totally come visit!! I'd give you the grand tour :) It would be so fantastic to get to meet you and hang out!

    Pat, :( I know...I wish I could call i sick, but then there would be no one to admit the crazies. Which equals me getting fired. I'll still be watching the game. I ordered myself a little tv :D

    Lu, They're SO GOOD!! You should love them :p I really did have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Gray still does plan on opening his metal arts store in New Orleans! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That frog sounds so cool! Your French quarter sounds much more interesting than our French shore... Maybe there were benefits to all that happened to the Acadians... hm...

    ReplyDelete