Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010 Good Stuff

*Good Friends:
-Rachel went out with me for New Years eve last night to the Half Moon and it was nice to have someone just to talk to and relate to. And someone who genuinely wanted to spend their New Years Eve with me
- When I complained about work on Twitter today, so many people sent good thoughts, but Ana in particular reminded me of so many wonderful things and people that I love

*Hong Kong Kitchen's sweet and sour chicken with spicy lemon sauce! Hadn't had it in ages and it was so good!!

*Pills. Because without them I don't know how the hell I'd deal with my my migraines

*The start of a New Year. This one is kind of a good and a bad thing. It always depresses me for some reason because it's a chance to think of another year that I have NOT accomplished some things, but at the same time, it's nice to have a fresh start and a clean slate. So I'm looking forward to 2010.

* The Golden Girls. They're my comfort show and just make me laugh. I hope they never cancel the reruns.

*Fountain pens. Because they're just fun to write with.

5 comments:

  1. omgosh.. he likes the golden girls! girls? heh. I guess that's why we get along huh? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that I missed that you were having a crappy day one New Years, Chris...but I'm so grateful that our sweet Ana was able to cheer you up!!! I know I have her to thank for bringing me out of quite a few yucky moods myself! :D And well, I can most definitely say the same about you! So while I'm here, just let me say "Thanks again!" for all those times you've put a smile back on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Thank you for inviting me here.

    2. I love fountain pens. I miss owning one.

    3. For some reason, New Years is always a happy event for me.

    4. How did I NOT discover you love the Golden Girls when I visited? That's awesome. One of those shows I saw all the time as a kid. The show that always gets me: Unsolved Mysteries. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Golden Girls? That tickled me. I love pens, period. I try not to think about what I screwed up when the year changes -- just what I plan to improve. It's nice to have a fresh start. If I could move every two years or so and reinvent myself, I would.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deslily, Ha! Yeah, that's it...you're a total Blanche :p I love The Golden Girls! I always have. Such a timeless show and the humor on that show really can't be beat. I just love it!

    Debi, Oh what would we all do without Ana :D She's one of a few people that I know that can always knock some sense back into me when I'm having one of those really crappy days, you know? You're welcome :) And the same thank you just goes right back to you :)

    Amanda, 1. Of course!! I couldn't not invite you here :), 2. Right now I'm using one of these very cheap ($3.99?) Pilot Varsity fountain pens and I actually really like them for what they are. And they're disposable. I really want to get myself a nice one though. They have one at Scriptura that I've had my eye on! 3. It never has been for me :( 4. I love it!! Unsolved Mysteries still scares the shit out of me :p The music and whats his face's voice used to give me nightmares :/

    Nancy, Yep, I love the golden girls :) I try not to think of what I screwed up either, and I usually don't...my problem is, I always look at how I'm not where I want to be :( And it's another year that I'm not there. BUT! I am happy overall with where I am, so that's a good thing! It really would be nice to be able to move every two years, wouldn't it ;) I'd just have to come back to NOLA every now and then because I love it here so much, lol.

    ReplyDelete