Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10, 2010 Good Stuff

I've just generally felt good today. I don't know what it is exactly. Maybe it's this streak of cold weather that we've been having lately, maybe it's that I'm feeling better, maybe it's that I haven't worked so much. But I'm loving life right now.

I have these moments a few times a year where all of the awesome things about life kind of hit me all at once and its just overwhelming. So many wonderful things like friends and compassion, diversity, the emotion of love, creativity in all of it's forms, words, science, music, nature, books. All of these things are so beautiful and they're all there to be appreciated every single day and I overlook that so often. It's overwhelming when it all hits you at once how much the world has to offer.

*Friends. I'll never tire of listing this as a good thing. Emails shared with good friends, twitter conversations, and more importantly, the love the trust, the emotion, and the bond shared within those conversations.

*A night out with friends. Megan had friends in from Texas so we met them out in the french quarter tonight and then headed out to Half Moon for beer and hummus. Really quite a fun night! And I hadn't seen Andy in like three years so it was good to catch up on what's been going on.

*Mix CDs!! I love making mix CDs, even if they're for myself :p I love the CD I made tonight. It has lots of Vampire Weekend (who I'm seeing in March!!!!), Tegan and Sarah, The Middle East, Kings of Convenience, Phoenix, XX, and Passion Pit among others. Music in general just makes me happy :D

5 comments:

  1. Oh Chris...I just want to bottle that second paragraph and carry it around with me always!!! (Though perhaps printing it out and putting it in my pocket would be easier than carrying around a bottle, huh?) I loved what you said!!! And I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to say thank you again for talking with me last night, and I hope I wasn't interrupting during your night out! :) Hopefully that happened after we talked.

    It's so wonderful to hear you so happy, Chris. Sometimes, particularly when you talk about work, you sound so sad, so hearing a post like this is such a wonderful thing!

    And ps - I would absolutely love a mix cd from you. I got one from Ana (though I'm bad, I still haven't listened to it). I need more music in my life and I've been completely stale for the last couple years. Grr. I think I would feel better if I didn't neglect music, because it's one of my greatest passiosn in life and I just seem to drop it for these long stretches. Okay this is turning into a rather long PS isn't it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to yours and Debis good stuff each day.. thank you chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debi, I love you too :) And if it makes you happy then print that out and stick it in your pocket and every time you get overwhelmed, then pull it out and you have some good things to take a quick glance at :)

    Amanda, Of course!! And no, I wasn't out while I was talking to you last night..I met up with some friends afterwards. I do get really stressed out with work sometimes :( And I tend to forget the happy things :( So that's kind of the point of all this is to remember the happy things! And I'll totally make you a mix CD!!! In fact, I'm make one especially for you!

    Pat, I'm so glad :D I look forward to your posts each day too!! Yours is one of the blogs that I absolutely have to check every day no matter what. Even if I don't always comment, I'm always over there :) #luvpat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. People's happy things are starting to make me feel sad... I don't have time for Twitter as much anymore and no one emails me back. *sniff* Anyway, enough complaining!

    ReplyDelete