Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 27, 2010 Good Stuff

So I feel like a bit of an ass, but I'm so freaking totally excited and exhilarated at the same time right now. I called House of Blues today to see if tickets had gone on sale yet for the Vampire Weekend show on April 9th...4 months from now...the show that hasn't yet been announced in any of the papers, music magazines, anything....yeah, they've gone on sale and the show is SOLD OUT!! I nearly cried. I can't tell you how upset I was. Megan had to just sit in the car and pat my back for a little while and tell me it would be ok while I became all doom and gloom. Well, I decided to do some research at work on some of the middleman ticket exchange websites and I found tickets! And I got two!! For um...$77 a piece :/ Actually they were $59 a piece but after you pay shipping and "processing" they're a bit more. And that was the cheapest tickets I could find. But I don't even care at this point because what this means is that I'm going to see Vampire Weekend on Friday April 9th :D Me and Megan both said we don't care what we pay, we're just doing it...we're having fun...we haven't been to a "big" show that wasn't a local band in ages and we're treating ourselves! Now I just need you all to tell me that it's worth the price of 3 hardback books! Yes, I measure things in the price of books...don't judge me!

In other good news, I've started Manhood for Amateurs by Michael Chabon and it's so freaking good!!!! Why have I shied away from Chabon for so long? I was convinced that I would either hate him or that he would be too smart for me or something....but god I love this book! It's nonfic, so I still need to try his fiction, but I'm totally in love with this book :) I'm also reading the Hobbit for the third or fourth time and it's just as good as the first! God I love Tolkien!

Hmmm....what else....No headaches! No headaches since the night of the Saints game which was Sunday and I only got a headache that night from screaming and drinking too much. But my massage really has helped out quite a bit. Ok...that's all for tonight...I needs sleep!

9 comments:

  1. no headaches sounds wonderful to this old lady!!!! But that sentence also upset me to think you were having them every day..I don't know how you managed to even get up each day knowing you'd have a headache..I don't know if it was the massage or the new pills but that's the best news in some time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tickets are definitely worth the price of 3 hard back books! Now, who are Vampire Weekend? Are they a group, or is it a show, are they international? I am so intrigued, I shall have to search them on the web. Pleased to hear you haven't had any headaches too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, back in 2000 Jason and I wanted to go to the NIN show in Dallas with my sister, who was coming down from NYC to visit. We got the best tickets we could but they were far back. Somehow my sister managed to get us pit-tickets for cheaper, not from a middle man but by saying we'd pick them up at the box office instead of having them mail to us. Don't ask me why certain tickets were only available one way, but we ended up buying 6 tickets altogether instead of 3 in order to be right in that pit. And that was at a NIN concert so you knwo each ticket was like $50. I totally understand you paying $77 each. :)

    I'm scared of Michael Chabon too. I just think I'd find him boring...

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D I'm so glad you were able to get your hands on those tickets, Chris! We all deserve to treat ourselves from time to time! OMG, and I laughed so hard at the way you measure things in books...I soooo do that, too!

    So glad to hear you're enjoying Manhood for Amateurs...I've been dying to get that book since I heard him talking about it on NPR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many reasons to be happy in this post! Congrats on your Vampire Weekend tickets, that's awesome! Almost as awesome as no headaches. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I love that you measured it in prices of books. I'd have paid that much too. Have fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, guess I need to get back to the Chabon. I was waiting for you to start it and I guess I waited too long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not even going to tell you how much money I've paid to see a concert of someone I've really wanted to see. $77 is nothing!! My VIP seats to Ministy's last show were over $150/each. Of course, that included the meet & great with Al J., so I was all about paying ANYTHING!! Besides, House of Blues doesn't have assigned seating, so you can go early, and find a good spot to sit or even try to head up to the front of the stage. It will be worth it in the end!!

    I'm glad the Saints winning is having a positive affect on your mirgraines! I am a bit torn, because I've long been a fan of Peyton Manning. BUT, in all fairness, I've been a fan of Drew Brees as long. And I really would love to see him bring home a SuperBowl Ring!! I even have the night off to watch the game. Makes it even more exciting.

    Glad the reading is going well. I've actually read a ton of books (for me) this month. The book of essays was so freaking good, I'm looking for the second book right now. A few YA novels. And just startin Joe Hill's newest book, Horns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. utoh.. did good stuff stop happening for you and debi????

    ReplyDelete