Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, 2010 Good Stuff

*New music. I've found so much great new music lately like Atlas Sound, Passion Pit, The Middle East, the new Tegan and Sara album, Deer Tick, etc...and I continue my obsession with Florence and the Machine. Music is a constant in my life that never ceases to make me happy.

*The Saints. Ok, so we didn't win on the best of notes - a 3 game losing streak. BUT we had a 13-3 season, we're the NFC leaders, have a first round bye in the playoffs, and homefield advantage for the second game. I'll take that anyday over how our seasons normally go!

*I saw the cutest little black boy and his mom running around his bicycle today chasing each other with the biggest smiles on their faces. Just going round and round in circles and he was laughing so much. He must have been about 4 or 5 years old. It was infectious and just made me smile too. There's nothing more beautiful than a happy child.

*Cold weather. Oh how I love cold weather!! We're supposed to have periods of temperatures in the 30's all week! And we've had the fireplace burning all day today! AND on Friday, we have a high of 34 degrees with a low of 26! They're saying we may even have a chance of snow!! Some people hate it, but I absolutely love it. It's invigorating.

*I had a two hour nap today and it was wonderful. I love naps.

*This journal and this idea and the friend that gave this idea to me. Truth be told, I had to force myself to do this today. I was in a mood. Kind of a funky mood, and by that I mean depressed. But I already feel so much better having brought to mind all of this good stuff. I guess you can't feel totally depressed when you're working the happy parts of your brain. There's science behind this exercise!

*science.

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE that "science" gets its own bullet point. :D I hope you get snow! If you do, take a picture of some for me. It's been too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Science is awesome :D

    I downloaded a few Atlas Sounds songs the other day because of the Animal Collective connection and they were good!

    There are predictions of snow here too next week...wouldn't it be awesome if we both got it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. * Shanra braved up and tried the tea you sent her and liked it, despite being apparently made of things she doesn't generally like on their own. ^-~

    When I was in my self-esteem-building/anti-depression course, we had to start each session by listing one good thing that had happened in the week. You'd be surprised how hard it was for a lot of people, if not to think of something, then to stick solely to the positives. But it does help, yes.

    May you find yourself in enough snow to build snowmen with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should do this excercise but I am one of those people Shanra just mentioned who would have a hard time coming up with things. But I am glad to read yours and Debi's each day..even that helps, .. so thanks Chris and Debi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, it was a little tough to smile over the Saints entry, when my team sucked it up so bad this season...but you know, I realized that I was very happy for you! :D

    And I'm sooooo with you about happy children! There is no way I can hold on to a bad mood when I see a kid in the midst of a happy fit!

    We're forecasted a heat wave here...highs possibly reaching the mid teens. (The weekend was really cold, so the mid teens will honestly feel good.)

    Science frickin' rocks, doesn't it?!!

    And my heart is nearly bursting with happiness here at the idea that this little exercise helped you feel better!!!! :D :D :D A sad Chris makes me sad/a happy Chris makes me happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smiled just thinking about that little boy. Thank you so much for sharing this with me, I can already tell that it's going to make my day better too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda, If I get snow, there will most DEFINITELY be pictures :D They'll be on this blog and the other one....AND Twitter :p And I'm sure if we get snow, y'all will too! And Science definitely deserves it's own bullet point :D

    Nymeth, We're such nerds aren't we :) But science is so cool! Atlas Sound is so good!!!! I'm seriously digging them!! I haven't heard much Animal Collective, but just heard the connection the other day, so I'm definitely checking them out. I found an album that you have to get BTW...it's a compilation that's called "Swedes do it Better" and it's 20 songs and I downloaded it for $5.99! It's so good! Ooooh, that would be awesome if we both got snow :D

    Shanra, YAY FOR LIKING THE TEA!!! That should be a happy thing in itself :D Seriously, I'm so glad that you liked it :) It really can be quite hard to come up with good things at times. I find this exercise challenging sometimes, but I'm really glad that I'm sticking with it...I'm really enjoying it.

    Pat, Oh I wish you would do this exercise! Even if you just do it for yourself and no one else reads it. It's been wonderful for me so far. You're one of those people that always make me happy Pat :) I'm glad that you're enjoying reading this though!!

    Debi, Hey, the Saints didn't end on such a great note :p There really is nothing better than a happy child, huh? And to think how often you get to see happy children :) Ok, I have to admit to you that I laughed my ASS off at you talking about your heat wave, LOL. I can't imagine the mid teens feeling good and WARM! We're in the low 30's and all dying here :p But I love it!! It's so energizing to me! Science does indeed rock, and once again, so does this exercise..and so do you for starting it :)

    Lu, He was so adorable!!!! So was his mom! The two of them just put a big smile on my face..it was a picture perfect moment!

    ReplyDelete