Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 13, 2010 Good Stuff

While the earthquake and the horrible loss of life and destruction in Haiti is most definitely not a good thing, the outpouring of emotion by the rest of the world and the aid that has been given so far is. It saddens me so much that it takes a disaster like this for the world to unite for aid and charity and to reach out and embrace each other as humans, but it brings me to tears that we are capable of uniting in this big of a way. What a strong and beautiufl force during a horrible and devastating time. There are other good things to focus on today, but everything else seems so damn trivial right now that I can't even begin to write it down. Maybe tomorrow....

4 comments:

  1. I just hope we keep helping, that this isn't an immediate outpouring that'll be forgotten in a week or a month. Poor Haiti. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. I hope this doesn't sound horribly cynical of me, but I keep thinking, why just now? Why did we let Haiti get to the state it was in to begin with? Why didn't we help before? I know I'd never donated to a charity working there until last night, not even back when The Arcade Fire did a campaign, though I meant to :\ Also, what Amanda said. I hope we don't forget (and I'm totally including myself, of course) :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys would probably hate me if I voiced my opinions on the Haiti situation... I think the only person that didn't look at me as crazy was the cc...

    ReplyDelete