Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010 Good Stuff

*Getting my currently reading pile down to one book finally! I never thought I'd do it, but I finally have, only I'm about to crack open a second book, but that's ok because it's BLANKETS!

*Curling up in a warm bed with blankets and Blankets.

*My favorite station on XM Radio had a two hour show today dedicated to playing the entire Contra album with commentary by Ezra and Chris from Vampire Weekend. Made of awesome!

*I had a really good counseling session tonight that was totally unexpected. It was really sad though, but I'm proud of my client and I just wanted to hug him after. He did a lot of hard work today and talked about a lot of hard things and I had to fight back tears myself. I'm really just so damn proud of how far he's come in three months.

*My doctor is starting me on new migraine meds since the ones I'm on are crap. I can't tell you how happy this makes me! The possibility of once again having relief is just wonderful!!

*I finished Above His Shoulders by Dan Williams today and what a truly amazing book and amazing journey it was. It's the resource I'd suggest for anyone who's ever been molested as a child and is looking for a story to relate to. His journey and his ultimate outlook on life just breaks your heart but gives so much hope for healing. And he's a fantastic writer.

*A fancy new yellow case with a black lightning bolt made by Threadless for my iPhone!

6 comments:

  1. oh how i hope the new meds help ! YOu know, I've often wondered if a Chiropractor, or hypnosis or acupuncture could help migraines.?? I've never heard of anyone trying those things and I doubt they'd be "a cure"..but wondered if migraine experts have ever suggested trying those things? Just what when thru my mind this morning when I read the post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following what DesLily said above - I know you said on my post that chiropractors scare you, but really, they are so wonderful, Chris. I started to write this big long comment but realized it was longer than your post, so I'm going to email it to you instead. :D

    I'm glad you enjoyed Blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all such wonderful things! Especially Blankets :D. And Threadless makes iPhone covers?! I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what? I can't thank you enough for starting this blog!!! I always feel so warm and fuzzy after I read one of your posts. :D

    I am envious, however, of you getting your currently reading pile down to one! Even if you immediately bumped that back up to two. :D Actually, Blankets is sooooo good, I'll bet you just finished it in one sitting, didn't you?

    My fingers and toes are all crossed that these new meds are the ticket, my friend!!!!

    #luvchris

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, how do you like Contra so far? I love it - my favourite's probably Giving Up Your Gun. I've been seeing a huge backlash on music blogs, though, which was predictable because their first album was too big. A lot of people had already decided the second had to suck even before they wrote the songs :P I'm so glad I'm not a hipster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deslily, I've been thinking of a chiropractor more and more after following you going to see one and hearing about Amanda going to see one too. They still just scare me :p And the massages I get are a form of accupuncture...just without the needles. I've read research on accupuncture as a therapy for migraines though and it really does seem to help some people!

    Amanda, I got your email :) I'll try to email you back tomorrow, but I learned so much from that!! Thanks! I'm really considering it now!

    Lu, OMG Blankets was so freaking good!!! Lke amazing!!! I stayed up all night reading it :p And yes, Threadless does make iPhone covers! I had no idea either until yesterday!!

    Debi, :D I'm glad it's making you feel warm and fuzzy! It's doing the same to me too! I'm so happy that I've finally gotten my reading pile down to one..but now it's back up to two already :( Oh well...still not so bad. And yes, Blankets was AMAZING!!! I did finish it in one sitting :p last night! I hope the new meds work too! Thanks Debi! #luvdebi

    Nymeth, I am in LOVE with Contra!!! I don't know the album enough to have favorites favorites yet, but I really like the second song (can't think of name right now) and I actually love Cousins :p I saw on Twitter that it's your least favorite. I d/l'd it when it came out as a single and didn't like it at first but it's grown on me so much. I don't know what the hell is wrong with all of these stupid music blogs!!!! I tend not to follow most of them because they drive me nuts. I like Stereogum. They seem the least biased. They just report on the music. I wish all of these blogs could've heard the show I heard the other day on XMU. Most of the songs on this album were actually written before their first album even came out! Or were at least in the works. They said they've been working on Horchata since before the first album. Their goal with this album was to NOT make a "first album pt. 2" and to not make every song sound the same...but I guess that's not what the music blogs want...grrrrr...makes me angry!! Anyways, I LURV it and I'm glad you do too :D

    ReplyDelete