Friday, January 15, 2010

January 15, 2010 Good Stuff

*Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer announced their engagement today. There's so much happiness in this!! It's kind of freaky how much one can be in love with another couple, but I just think that they are the most awesome pair and they seem so genuinely happy. It puts a smile on my face!

*The thought of trave makes me happy. There are so many great trips I'd like to go on. A few I'm really considering. One is to New York possibly this summer or later in the year. And today I heard about Neil Gaiman and the people at The House on the Rock planning a weekend during Halloween at the House on the Rock themed around American Gods! I would die! I seriously want to go so bad and Megan and I have already started talking about it. I've never been out of the south (:() so both of these would be totally awesome!

*I'm seriously in love with the new Vampire Weekend album. Like, can't stop listening to it. And I can't wait to see them on April 9th!! I'm getting White Sky, Run and Diplomat's Son stuck in my head all the time and driving people at work crazy singing them. It's ok though because Rachel sings Regina Spektor in the office all the time, so even though we both make odd vocal noises all day, we're both introducing people to good music!

*If no one else wants to host a mini-challenge in February for the Graphic Novel Challenge, I totally want to just because of an LOLCat I made from Pat's cat, BooBoo :D He was playing air guitar! It begged for it!


*My new migraine meds rock! They get rid of my headaches without any side effects. Maxalt - Try it!

*The Saints are playing in the divisional playoffs tomorrow!! Hopefully this will still be a good thing tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. oh my! da Boo is gunna be famous! lol lol.. glad you had fun with the photo!!!! (so is Boo)
    OMG! how I hope these meds continue to work without side effects for you... that's the best news in a long time! (and yes, sorry if you don't agree but even better then Gaimen's news!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know all other mention of anything else simply doesn't even count compared to this: "There are so many great trips I'd like to go on. A few I'm really considering. One is to New York possibly this summer or later in the year."
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

    Nope, not even Neil and Amanda's news comes close to bringing me the joy that that does!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a FAR better day than we did over here. I hope you do make it on a trip either to NY or to WI or somewhere else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deslily, I seriously like want to make him the mascot for the GN Challenge :D I love that picture, lol. I'm so happy with these migraine meds!! Now I just wish I could find something that would just stop them from happening all together! But I'll definitely take something that gets rid of them with no side effects!

    Debi, I thought you might feel that way :) I just sent you an email! I'm so serious!!! I really want to come see you this year!

    Amanda, I'm sorry y'all had a bad day :( Just read your post..it does sound pretty crappy. Though I'm glad that Jason's Bday part was good!!! And I most definitely want to make a trip to San Antonio as well!! That one is very doable! I can drive!!!

    Lu, Thanks :D I'm fond of him too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is where you've been lately!! Now I see. I knew you'd like the Maxalt. That tiny little pill is a miracle worker most days.

    Are you seriously going to the House on the Rock?? That's not all that far from me!! If there is an American Gods weekend, I"ll be there with bells on!! It's not all that far over the border in Wisconsin, and maybe a 4 hour drive for me. Definitely do-able!

    ReplyDelete