Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 9, 2010 Good Stuff

*On my way home from getting coffee this morning I saw a hawk pick a fish up out of the canal and fly away with it in it's talons! I've never seen anything like that. And it flew right next to my car for a few seconds. Amazing!

*Weird psychic thingies. Or whatever explanation you want to use. For some odd reason I was thinking earlier about how I hadn't really heard Ana talk about her brother in a long time. I have no idea why that would've popped into my head (not in journal: The whole thing I was thinking about was bloggers' families and how I've gotten to know them...wasn't really pondering on it, it was just in the back of my mind while I was getting ready and for some reason my thoughts ended on Ana's brother. *stalky stalk* :p) But then she posted about him today on her private blog! I love it when stuff like this happens, though at the same time, it weirds me out a little when things that specific happen.

*Waking up and seeing an email that Margo Lanagan is following me on Twitter. Yes, I know authors are normal people just like everyone else, but I squealed a little bit when I saw that. I just love her.

*Wonderful friends that I can share my pains and joys with who know that they can do the same. It's such a wonderful thing to have supports that care and that are just beautiful, wonderful people.

*Feeling good enough to go back to work tonight and the fact that my first day back was SLOW.

*Freshly washed sheets!!

8 comments:

  1. I usually call them coincidences, but you know me, I'm miss sceptic ;) It's a neat one, though! And yay for Margo Lanagan following you :D She's SO nice, and also seriously hilarious.

    I'm glad work was slow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! I'm sooooooo glad to hear you're feeling better, Chris!

    Okay, you probably don't need me to tell you how much I love the hawk thing, huh? Ahhh, I just love nature...

    And yes, yes, yes...I love wonderful friends, too! I love that whole little paragraph you wrote there...SO TRUE!

    Awww...and fresh sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a skeptic (a fun little ;P to Ana, heehee), and I always love hearing about those weird psychic connection things. I absolutely love when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for freshly washed sheets! I always love it when authors follow me on twitter... or email me! Or other things of that nature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nymeth, Yes, yes Ms. Skeptic :p Debi has some brain theory on that type of stuff. That was just very bizarre! Ms. Lanagan is so nice :) So very sweet too!

    Debi, Me too! I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be feeling better! The hawk was amazing!! I couldn't get over it..A fish flying through the air! Right next to my car! I don't know what I'd do without my wonderful friends :) Seriously don't know what I'd do without them. And fresh sheets indeed!

    Amanda, I'm glad to find someone else who's not a skeptic! I've had too many weird little things happen to me to be a skeptic :p (as Ana rolls her eyes at us :p )

    Lu, FTW!!

    Kailana, I love freshly washed sheets. If I didn't mine putting them back on the bed, I'd do it every day :p Isn't it exciting when you get to talk to authors? I saw in Target's ad today that they picked a Michelle Moran book as their book of the month!! That'll mean huge sales for her!! They picked Nefertiti as the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, coolness! You knew the hawk with the fish would thrill me, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, I was totally thinking of you when I saw that happen! You and Pat in fact!

    ReplyDelete