Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4, 2010 Good Stuff

*Megan's back in town! She had been gone for a week to have a late Christmas and New Year with her family and I missed her. So it was good to spend a couple of hours together after work just driving around talking and listening to music.

*I bought some new yarn and I'm really excited! I'm thinking that maybe the reason I had so much of a problem learning to crochet the first time was that I was using this thick "wool-ease" yarn with a smaller, size E hook, but tonight I bought some "cotton-ease" yarn which my creepy cute crochet book recommends in all of the awesome colors I need!

*Hot mochas on cold nights are just perfect. We stopped by CC's tonight and got one since the temps are in the 20's and 30's tonight. Delish!

*Jrock! I haven't listened to any Jrock in ages, but I downloaded "Gravity" by Luna Sea last night and it brought me right back to 6 or 7 years or so ago when I went through my big Japan phase. I remember Megan singing that song with her cousin at karaoke night at Numa Rei No Con....ah, nostalgia.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm, hot mochas :D And good luck crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah yes.. it's best to learn crocheting with "normal sized wool and maybe a G or H hook." the bigger hook lets you see what you are doing... this is just for practice (unless a pattern calls for it heh..)

    happy you have good stuff going on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to become a yarn addict like me, aren't you? :) Isn't all just so pretty and fun to touch? But yep, I think you're going to have more luck now.

    And hooray for nights out on the town with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the crocheting. I admit I haven't even tried yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nymeth, They are indeed delicious :) I usually have an ICED mocha every day, but it is nice to mix it up with a hot one every now and then ;) I'm slowly picking up the crocheting!!

    Deslily, I'm slowly slowly learning how to crochet, lol. And I wish I would've known earlier that I needed a smaller thread and bigger hook :p But trial and error works :p

    Debi, I'm definitely going to become a yarn addict :p It's so pretty!! I just need to learn how to do more than a chain now :( I feel like I'll never get it....

    Amanda, It's not too hard at all! Well I shouldn't say that because I really can't do anything except for a chain :(

    ReplyDelete