Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 7, 2010 Good Stuff

*Calling in sick to work. I woke up this morning still feeling like shit and thought to myself that I really just need a day off. So I did it. I've never heard of a place aside from my job that makes you go to work sick. that's the reason that I'm sick in the first place. But today I just said "absolutely no, I'm sorry, but you'll have to find someone else." And it's just been a wonderful day of laying in bed and getting better in pajamas all day and reading.

*Tender Morsels. I'm almost finished and OMG what an amazing book. I just can't get over how much I love this book and now I just don't want it to end. I'm hanging on to the 50 pages I have left like they're precious gems.

*I bought a humidifier today and it's like a little tank of awesome. I wake up every morning, even when I'm not sick, unable to breathe, so one of the nurses at work suggested I get one and it really is helping!

*Megan gave me my Christmas present from Nicole (her sister) today and it's a giant homemade sushi pillow!! I love it! It's so fluffy and soft. She says it's a crunchy roll, but I'm convinced that it's actually a tuna roll.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you LOVE Tender Morsels! I confess I was a bit scared it'd be another Middlesex and I'd hide in a corner and cry ;)

    I'm really sorry that you're sick, Chris, but yay for staying home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're still feeling so lousy! :( But I'm very proud of you for just telling them you absolutely were not coming in! Rich's job is sort of the same way...they just don't get sick days because there's not enough people to cover classes. Despite how horrible my pregnancies were and how many times I had to be hospitalized, he never missed a single day of work with either Annie or Gray. And with Max, the worst pregnancy/birth of them all (he had to be in the NICU), he only missed a single day. Policies like that are just absolutely crazy!!!

    I really must get to Tender Morsels...I KNOW I'm going to love it. And yet I've still just got a little bit of scared in me.

    Show us a picture of your new pillow...please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm with Debi - picture please? I have no idea what a sushi pillow is...

    I hope your day off really helped, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humidifier and New Orleans are not words I'd often think of in the same sentence. Except perhaps: "New Orleans is sort of a gigantic natural humidifier:. But, I AM glad it's working for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nymeth, I didn't hate Middlesex!!! I still plan on going back to it, in fact! I just started it during a funk and the language was more than my brain could handle at the moment...I needed fluff. I absolutely LOVED TM though!! My god, what an awesome book!! I'm getting better!!

    Debi, That's horrible!!!! I don't understand some of these workplaces! How do they expect to keep good employees treating them this way? I can't tell you how many times already I've thought of saying "screw you" already to my place of work, but I like what I do too much to do that :/ But seriously...you can't treat people that way!

    Amanda, Yeah, I'll post a pic eventually :p And the day off really did help!!

    Jason, Oh, you totally DON'T need a humidifier in New Orleans...normally, you can just open the window and your fine...but then it got down to 32 degrees last night and opening the window became not an option ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should get a humidifier... The air at this time of the year is so dry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, You so need a humidifier!! I never really believed in them before (silly me) but they're so wonderful!! It's made all the difference the last few days. I actually don't wake up stuffy as can be!

    ReplyDelete