Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24th Good Stuff!

Really really freaking good stuff!! Do I even need to tell you what the good stuff is for today?? The Saints are going to the freaking super bowl for the first freaking time EVER!! I'm so freaking excited that I couldn't even write this down in my journal first...I'm just typing it up right on the blog. Seriously, this city has been waiting forever for this. I know I've been waiting for this since I was a little boy. I've never been much of a sports fan, but I've always followed the Saints. There's something about them...they're more than just a football team. They have character like no one else. Just an amazing bunch of guys and such great fans!!

I can't even begin to tell you what this city is like right now. I can't even put it into words. It's basically like anarchy has broken out, but a peaceful, loving type of anarchy. After the game you could hear fireworks and screams (good screams) coming from neighborhoods everywhere. My entire family was just in one big hug and everyone was crying. This is more than just football to us folks in New Orleans...it represents a lot. Really emotional.

Then we get in the car to head uptown and EVERYBODY on the roads is honking their horns like crazy and screaming out their windows :D It was SO much fun. We made a pit stop at Walmart first and the people at Walmart kept screaming Who Dat over the loud speakers :p Needless to say, everyone everywhere is just ecstatic. As am I. And to top off the night, I got on twitter to see that Neil Gaiman said "who dat" tonight too :D

Ah, I'm in such a good mood right now!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I wish I could be with you to watch the superbowl~ !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I was pretty sure I knew what I was going to find here this morning. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deslily, I wish you could do!! You should go get you a ticket and go to the game in Miami ;) You're not that far! lol

    Debi, You got it! :D

    Amanda, Yeah, I'm not THAT unpredictable :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is a good thing. I didn't know about it... I can see it being a really good thing though. :)

    ReplyDelete