Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, 2010 Good Stuff

*I actually crocheted a chain last night. Now it wasn't perfect. Some stitches were bigger than others and my hook would get stuck in the middle of a piece of yarn sometimes and I'd have to start over, but I have the basics down. Now I have absolutely no idea how to do more than a chain. It all sounds so damn confusing after that!

*Alka Seltzer Plus Cold Formula. This stuff is wonderful, though this cold is not. Aside from prescription stuff, it's the only thing I've ever found that's given me relief. While we're celebrating cold remedies, let's go with mentholated cough drops to soothe a sore throat too. Ah yes...

*"Blood" by The Middle East is such a beautiful and moving song that I just want to crawl into and listen to over and over again and let itself wrap its melody around me. And the painting on the album cover is just wonderful. (not in journal, but here's a pic of the album cover:)And here's a link for the video for the song which is really just as beautiful as the song itself. Gah, it's so awesome!!

*This cold weather. There's something so wonderful and electric about arctic air. I love to just breathe it in, especially in the night time. It clears up sinuses pretty well too!

*Twitter and today in particular, Bill Willingham's tweets on reasons to read Fables.

5 comments:

  1. lol, I almost edited my entry to include Bill Willingham's tweets :D

    *clicks to watch video*

    And YES on cold weather! Check my blog later on for a whole book on that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those reasons to read Fables have been cracking me up!

    And yay for crocheting! Don't worry that some stitches are bigger than others right now...I swear that's the hardest thing at first--getting your stitches even, that is...but I promise, it will just automatically come with practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true about breathing cold air! it gives you energy!

    don't give up on crocheting!

    alka seltzer plus is your secret helper.. vicks vaporub is mine lol..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for crochet chains! I love that picture, too, though I'm afraid the song wasn't for me. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nymeth, Bill Willingham was TOTAL happy stuff :D I had to include it in my post today!! Did you see the video? I just love it!! It's so awesome! I love the sound of the book you posted about!!! By "check my blog for a whole book on that" I thought you were going to write a book sized entry on why you like cold weather :p But I'll take a book called "Cold" just the same, lol.

    Debi, They were hilarious!! I'm getting better with the crocheting! And Pat sent me an awesome video that has really helped me out on making more than just one chain! What's it called? A single crochet?

    Pat, I just love the cold air!! It's so wonderful. Wish I could just stay outside in it all day, but then it gets a bit too cold :p I'm not giving up on crocheting! You've helped me a lot with that :)

    Amanda, The crocheting is getting better and better!! Isn't it a great picture? Sorry the song wasn't for you...it's very different, but I just love it!

    ReplyDelete