Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January 6, 2010 Good Stuff

*Hugs from Mom when you're feeling sick. I don't think you can ever be too old for that and really, nothing feels better when you're just all together feeling like shit.

* Really comfy pajamas and getting under the covers in bed. Is there a better feeling in the world? I don't know? Well I do know of a few, but not too many...

*Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species: A Graphic Adaptation. Just Wow!! This book is made of awesome. It's science and history and evolution and beautiful pictures all wrapped into one.

*Vampire Weekend is coming here on April 19th and I'm going!! And Contra comes out on Tuesday! I'm so excited!!

*Jason's post on why GLBT issues matter to him.

*Therapy (my job). I just love what I do so much and I forget that sometimes because of all of the bullshit that goes on with administration. But sometimes I stop and just really think about it and it makes me so happy to be doing what I love and to continue to learn more about the field.

*Watching a handwritten journal fill up is just wonderful :)

8 comments:

  1. **Adding to list: late-night, cough-medicine-induced twitter conversations about sexy male book blogging literary calendars. Check. :D

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I TOTALLY need to add that one to my list :p Hilarious, lol. Hugs right back atcha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ContraContraContraContraContra

    Me, obsessed? Of course not :P

    I'm so happy both you and Debi are reading the Darwin graphic novel :D It is indeed made of the most pure awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so everyone knows, I will ignore any and all comments about that graphic novel. And when I get my hands on it, I'm going to pretend none of you have ever heard of it before. *hoards precious feeling of having discovered it on her own* (One day I will find a book none of you lot have heard of, love it and get you all to read and love it too. That's my new year's resolution. *nods*)

    *huggles* But you get well soon, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you really are writing in the journal! good for you!! I have a journal and have 38 pgs written but I don't write in it every day. pretty cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you liked the post, was a little nervous about it...

    Glad you're still liking your job. Sometimes it can be hard to tickle out the good stuff - the actual job - from the nonsense :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any idea how happy it makes me to hear that hugs from "mom" never get old?!!

    And Jason's post...that was just pure awesomeness, wasn't it?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ana, Oh I'm just as obsessed as you when it comes to Contra :p I have Megan super obsessed now too :p I can't stop listening to Cousins...I downloaded the single ages ago, but I'm in love with it even more now! The Darwin GN is indeed so awesome!! I'm so glad you recommended it!!

    Shanra! Huggles right back to you, m'dear :D You got a point for Mrs. Percy :D LOL...I'm sorry :( Surely, you will get points again! I got Kaspar for little Max, Debi's son for Christmas, and I really think I'll end up getting a copy for myself too, so that may end up being your big discovery :p

    Deslily, I'm loving writing in my journal! I really am. Some days it is hard for me to actually pull it out and write in it and somedays I'd rather just come type it all on here, but I force myself to write in the journal and once I start, I find that I really enjoy it! So it's definitely something that I think will stick :) Glad to see that you're doing it as well! I've actually been doing good with answering my comments too!

    Jason, I loved your post. I would've been nervous about posting that too, but I'm so glad that you did. It was wonderful. It really is ridiculously hard to tickle out the good stuff from the nonsense sometimes, but it's very rewarding when you can!

    Debi, :D They really don't get old. You know what else doesn't? Hugs from friends and I want one right now!!!!! And yep, Jason's post was indeed pure awesome.

    ReplyDelete