Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20, 2010 Good Stuff

*I decided today that I'm definitely going to New York this summer. Probably not til around August, but yeah. I want to tart traveling more. I need to find a way to start doing that in an affordable way. Because there are SO many places that I want to see that I haven't I'm so very UNtraveled :(

*Vampire Weekend is number one on the Billboards! I would have never thought that, but congratulations to them!! And thanks to Ana for pointing it out to me :) And I swear I'll stop talking about Vampire Weekend.....eventually...

*I got a new client today and it sounds like someone who's going to be really good to work with. He's a young guy and seems to have a lot of motivation for change. I was just getting worried again yesterday about being back down to only one client and then I got this call today, so definitely a good thing.

*I started reading Little Brother by Cory Doctrow today in e-book format just to see if I would like it and got TOTALLY hooked by the story. It's so good!! He used the word "teh" in the first chapter. As in "teh kittehs!" I'm in love. Wasn't expecting to like it this much. Only thing is, I wasn't expecting to add a fourth book to the "currently reading" list. :/

*I saw two pelicans sitting on the pipes in the canal today and they were huge and gorgeous. I wish I would've had my camera. those birds amaze me even though I see them all the time.

*There's an awesome thunderstorm going on right now as I'm writing this.

10 comments:

  1. yay! Little Brother is pure genius :D One of my favourites of last year! I read it as an e-book too and totally didn't care about the format.

    Now *I* want to go to NY in the summer! Yeah, okay, no way I can afford it until after library school, but a girl can daydream :P

    Please DON'T stop taking about Vampire Weekend :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you know that I cant see the cursor on this color background? it drives me nuts trying to find it so I can click to make a comment!

    Ohhhh so you will see Debi again eh?! Good for you Chris!! I'd love to do some traveling..especially to England! yeah! but that's not going to happen lol but it's a nice dream

    Hooray for the new client!!! I hope this year brings you many more! (not that i wish anyone sick..but if they are that they find YOU for help!)

    oh man.. I have wanted to snap pics of pelicans since I got here but they remain illusive, especially since I rarely get out of this apt. and when I do it's to do necessary shopping so can't go looking for them. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky about NY! I wish I could go too but obviously can't with BEA in May. I hope something will happen so I can meet Debi when I'm there.

    I really would like to travel more, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read Little Brother, though Amanda I believe didn't like it...

    If I come to Nawlins before you go to New York, can I sneak into New York in your trunk? I'll be real quiet. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say J&I&the boys ought to make a roadtrip around the same time Chris does...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! We could put the other seat in the van and all carpool, and go splitsies on gas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SQUEEEEEEEEE...I know, I know--I've been splitting your eardrums with my high-pitched squealing every day for the past week...but you know I simply can't help myself! I'll try not to bombard you here with my excitement as I've been bombarding you with it in all those rather lengthy e-mails. ;) But you just gotta know that your trip is the "good stuff" of the year for me. :D

    Ooooh, and pelicans! See, this is another reason I must get back to NOLA very soon. I wanted to see a pelican soooooooo badly when we were there, and never did. Plus we've got to get Annie those shrimp boots. ;)

    And Chris, I'm so happy your new client found you...he's a lucky guy for that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeeeeeeeee! You get to meet Debi again! I'm so happy for you all that you're coming to visit! ^-^

    And yay on getting a new client! ^-^ (Both for your sake and his. ^-^)

    *waves pompoms, because she can*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ana, Little Brother IS pure genius from what I've read so far!!! I love it...Now, I've only read like four chapters so far because I'm extremely slooooow in ebook format, but it's awwwwwwesome! And I have one thing to tell you Ana....twigs!

    Pat, What color is your cursor?? I can see mine fine! Mine's black..is yours blue?? Yep, it's looking like I'm going to see Debi again :D I so wish you could go to England!! I'd go with you in a heartbeat if I could!! I'd love to go...it's one of my dream vacations. It's too bad you haven't seen any pelicans :( You need to get someone to take you down here! There's tons of them!!

    Manda and Jase, I so hope you can find a way to meed Debi when you go to BEA in May!!!! I probably won't be able to carpool with you guys because I can only get a few days off for work :( So I'm going to have to fly in and am only going to get like 3 days in NY :( That's the thing I HATE about my job...They fight you on vacations all the time. It's impossible to get more than a week off and you have to fight for that.

    Debi, I'm squeeing right along side you!!! It gives me happy stuff to look forward to each day. For seven months now! Yes, you do need to get back to NOLA soon! We'll find some pelicans here this time if it's the last thing we do. I think the secret is to look by the canals. And we will find Annie her shrimp boots.

    Shanra, Ah! I still owe you an email!! I haven't forgot! I do I do I do!! I get to meet Debi again :D I'm thrilled about getting a new client. Both for me and for him. I really hope it's a good fit for us!! Thanks for the pom pom wave :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started Little Brother, but I didn't finish it and then had to return it to the library. I think I will make finishing it one of my priorities for this year because I was liking it.

    ReplyDelete